The Lord has blessed PSBC with continued growth since it was founded in 1967. We are a Southern Baptist church that affirms Scripture as the very Word of God, totally sufficient, without error and having authority over every aspect of life.
We believe our greatest purpose is to worship Jesus Christ our Lord. This is done through faith and obedience. Worship extends into every aspect of life and our goal is to assist individuals and families in becoming true worshippers in spirit and in truth.
We believe that families are one of God’s greatest gifts. That is why we offer a host of activities and ministry opportunities for each person in your family. Whether just a few weeks old, or well experienced in years, we hope to nurture a Christ-centered environment where people of all ages can experience true growth and fellowship in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Membership at Pine Street
Becoming a church member is a very important step in the life of a believer. Certainly, a person can enjoy most of the benefits of church life without becoming a member, but by joining a local congregation, you are confirming your commitment to God, to yourself, and as a witness to others.
- To effectively learn how to love God and love people
- To openly identify yourself with the body of Christ.
- To plug into a local ministering body of Christ, committing yourself and your time through worshipful service.
- To be a part of a more balanced ministry to others and yourself.
- To use the gifts you were given by the Spirit of God for the edification of the body of Christ.
- To be discipled regularly through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God and through the ministry of the body of Christ.
- To participate with other believers in taking the gospel to the uttermost parts of the world.
- By professing your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and being baptized by immersion to declare your faith.
- By transferring your membership from another assembly of baptized believers.
- By statement of salvation Acts 4:11-12
- By baptism - water immersion